3 tbsp. of BBQ Sauce
1 ready-made pizza crust
2 tbsp. of olive oil, separated
3 tbsp. of chicken broth
½ tsp. of salt
½ tsp of pepper
2 minced garlic cloves
¼ lbs. of sliced smoked gouda sliced in half
1 and ½ lbs. of chicken breast
½ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
¼ cup of diced red onion
3 slices of cooked and diced bacon
1 tbsp. of fresh cilantro or 1 tsp. of dried cilantro
- Spread 1 tbsp. of olive oil on ready-made pizza crust. You can get a ready-made pizza crust from your local grocery store.
- Spread 3 tbsp. of BBQ sauce on ready-made pizza crust, leave an inch from the border. Set aside.
- Prepare chicken by cutting it into cubes. Salt and pepper chicken.
- Heat chicken broth and 1 tbsp. of olive oil in a medium-sized skillet at a medium heat level. Place the cubed chicken in the skillet. Place a lid on the pan and steam cook the chicken. Make sure there is enough room in the skillet for the chicken to spread. This will allow for even cooking. Place a lid on the chicken so the steam gets trapped in the pan. This will keep the chicken moist and tender so it will not try out when it is placed in the oven on the pizza. Cook for around 8 minutes. Make sure to not overcook the chicken as it will be going in the oven after being on the stovetop.
- Cook and dice bacon. Either do so by saucepan or toaster oven. Make sure bacon is crispy so it will cut well. I, myself like to put candied bacon on my pizza. To make candied bacon, simply toss bacon in 1 tbsp. of brown sugar before cooking.
- Dice red onion. I like to cook my red onion with a little butter, salt, and pepper to take away the strong bite. It only needs to be cooked for 3 minutes if you choose to do so.
- Once all ingredients are ready, it’s time to assemble.
- I like to layer my ingredients so that everything cooks evenly. Start with a fine layer of mozzarella cheese. Next place a small amount of chicken, red onion, and gouda cheese. Repeat until all ingredients are on the pizza. Top with cilantro.
- The pizza should be cooked in the oven at 450 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes. The edges and bottom should be a golden color when complete.
- Remove pizza from oven when done, top with cilantro (if being added), and slice into 8 pizzas.
- Enjoy with a Caesar salad!
The Fake Pinterest Mom